Special Episode: Cass & Crowley and the b atomic Podcast Breakdown
In today´s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass brings on previous guest as a co-host, Mike Crowley, Vice President at Crowley Insurance Agency, Inc. in Syracuse, New York. Jason Cass and Mike Crowley talk about Seth Zaremba, CEO of Zinc Insurance, who Jason calls ‘The Steve Jobs of Insurance’ and Frank Sentner who Jason calls ‘The Steve Jobs of Insurance before Steve Jobs was the Steve Jobs of Apple’. Jason Cass shares segments from the B Atomic Airwaves podcast hosted by Syd Roe and uses them as discussion points with Mike Crowley.
- Jason Cass introduces co-host Mike Crowley and the show topic.
- The first section of the B Atomic Airwaves podcast hosted by Syd Roe is played.
- Frank Sentner said it took 8-9 years to fix the capitalization problem.
- Jason and Mike discuss issues agents have with carriers.
- Great businesses don’t try to patent what they do because they want to be copied.
- Speed is a huge factor in small commercial insurance now.
- Jason and Mike talk about frontline underwriting.
- What is meant by ‘dancing on the death of Download.’
- Carriers unwillingness to share data is not in an agent’s best interest.
- Customers are connected to agents, not carriers.
- Carriers need to make things easier for agents, not consumers.
- Jason and Mike talk about what Seth Zaremba’s goals are with Neon.
- What are the missed opportunities agents are having with their data?
- The industry can’t have a world with upload and download.
- Data has to be easily transferred for agencies to be able to create their own niche customer experiences.
3 Key Points:
- The great companies don’t try to patent what they do because they want them to be copied so the world can be a better place.
- Customers don’t have brand loyalty with the carrier, they have brand loyalty with the agents.
- 70% of agents typically aren’t even doing much with the data that they are collecting.
- “The future is built on relationships and we know for a fact that data, people, and process will do nothing but enhance those relationships.” – Jason Cass
- “For small commercial stuff, it is all about speed and ease of use for us, the agents.” – Mike Crowley
- “Think about unsiloing everything to where when you look into your management system you’re just not looking at communications and records of a certain client or task. You’re looking into what the company sees.” – Jason Cass
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Twitter: Mike Crowley
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neon: batomic.com
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.