Why Is No One Helping the Independent Agent | #Tarmika #Indietech
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass has a discussion with Raghav Tanna, Chief Executive Officer of Tarmika, a company that is helping insurance agencies become more efficient through a single entry comparative rating solution. Raghav Tanna talks about how he got into the insurance industry working for his dad, the creation of Tarmika, Raghav’s goals for the independent agency system, the differences between indietech and insurtech, and how Tarmika is empowering independent agencies.
- Jason Cass introduces guest Raghav Tanna and discusses AI Brainshare that is taking place on October 25-27th 2020 in Puerto Rico.
- Is Raghav Tanna an iPhone or Android user?
- What is the last app that Raghav Tanna downloaded?
- Does he love to win or hate to lose?
- What does Raghav attribute his success to, skill or luck?
- How did Raghav Tanna work his way to where he is now?
- Raghav talks about what he learned from his dad in the commercial insurance space.
- What made him believe that there was a better way to do business while he was working with his dad?
- Tarmika is also in the Neon ecosystem.
- What are Raghav’s goals for the independent agency system?
- Jason and Raghav discuss the differences between indietech and insurtech.
- What does enablement mean and what is the need for data sharing?
- What can agents do to help Tarmika thrive?
- Raghav and Jason talk about the needs of the indietech revolution.
- Why is Raghav having success with carriers?
- What are Raghav’s thoughts on Neon?
- Raghav talks about his family and working his dad’s insurance business.
- Where did the name Tarmika come from?
3 Key Points:
- The client is in charge of the independent agent.
- Indietech is enablement where as insurtech is innovation and disruption.
- Raghav’s dad invested in Tarmika and introduced Raghav to the first three companies they have on the platform.
- “We were literally building for a year before we did our beta launch. A lot goes into the backend of this and you don’t want to release a product too early.” – Raghav Tanna
- “The goal is to make sure that agencies have the same privileges to get to the customer, the same capabilities to get to the customer, provide their customer that a direct-to-consumer market would have.” – Raghav Tanna
- “Insurtech is extremely necessary in the industry, right? It is so important for us to have this innovation, this disruption to a certain extent. But at the same time, there has to be enablement. Enablement for the independent agency.” – Raghav Tanna
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.