Troy Thompson: Love, Devices, and Eye Contact With Your Kids
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass talks with Troy Thompson, Business Development, Insurance Professional and Agency Owner of Pinnacle Insurance of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Troy Thompson talks about the advantages that he has experienced in starting to use an old school flip phone instead of his smartphone, his 30 Day Flip Phone Challenge to offer people a chance to engage with family and friends more, how he got started in insurance, monitoring employee calls to improve customer service, and whether or not technology is getting too much access to our personal data.
- Is Troy Thompson an iPhone user or an Android user?
- What is the last app that Troy Thompson has downloaded?
- Does Troy love to win or hate to lose?
- Troy and Jason talk about listening to the calls of employees.
- Does Troy attribute his success to luck or skill?
- Who was Troy Thompson before he started in the insurance industry?
- What has 2019 been like for Troy?
- Jason and Troy discusses artificial intelligence.
- What are Troy’s thoughts on smartphone addiction?
- Why is depression and suicide at an all-time high if smartphones are so great?
- Jason Cass talks about the work he does in Cuba.
- Where is society going with its smartphone dependency?
- How is the WiFi situation in Cuba?
- What is the Thompson 30-Flip Phone Challenge?
- Jason and Troy debate how technology is utilizing our personal data.
- Jason talks about his Technology With a Purpose event in 2020.
3 Key Points:
- You are either getting better or losing.
- Every smartphone has a MAID (Mobile Advertising IDentification) number that once someone has it, can directly send ads to your phone.
- Could you challenge yourself to stay off your smartphone for 30 days to spend more time with your loved ones?
- (Observing Calls) “The funny thing is, you really don’t have to point out the negatives because people are smart enough to point out, ‘Oh shoot, I should have done this.’ Then you are not the bad guy by pointing it out.” – Troy Thompson
- “Connect with each customer and talk about their family and just ask them sincerely how they are doing. Ask them what is going on in their life that you can help them out with.” – Troy Thompson
- “Look your kids in the eye, you loyal listeners, tonight, and say, ‘How does it make you feel when I’m on my smartphone?’ And they are going to give you an answer that you don’t want to hear.” – Troy Thompson
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.