In today’s throwback episode of Agents Influence podcast, host Jason Cass interviews Randy Schwantz, Best-Selling Author and Owner of The Wedge Group. Randy discusses how he has managed to become a sales expert without selling insurance, goal-setting, and preparing for retirement.
- Is Randy Schwantz an iPhone or Android user?
- Does Randy love to win or hate to lose?
- What is the definition of “iconoclast?”
- Has Randy grown the most from skill or luck?
- Randy Schwantz introduces himself and shares his background.
- What did Randy get into instead of college?
- Randy Schwantz talks about writing “The Wedge.”
- When did Randy discover his purpose?
- What advice would Randy give to new insurance agents?
- How much money do you need to retire with?
- What are some proactive services that Randy Schwantz recommends?
- If you have helped at least one person, you have lived a successful life.
3 Key Points:
- The essence of your purpose should get you excited, make money, and help others.
- You should save 22 times what you expect to retire on.
- 70% of the independent insurance industry is of about 7-10 people or smaller.
- “I see myself as a combination of a psychologist and an engineer. I use a lot of psychology and psychological principles.” – Randy Schwantz
- “So many things that we do, If we aren’t careful, we are doing it to impress others rather than to feed your own joy.” – Randy Schwantz
- “Start with the end in mind.” – Randy Schwantz