In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass records a Valentine’s Day Special Facebook Live Event in which he interviews insurance power couple, Jeff Roy and Una Roy from Excalibur Insurance. They discuss the dynamics of being a couple within the workplace, maternity leave, differing insurance rates, and other details of the insurance business.
- Introduction of Jeff and Una Roy, owners of Excalibur Insurance
- The dynamic of being a couple within an organization
- How the Roys work together
- They make sure to be themselves in both their personal and professional relationships
- They have an excellent support staff
- Why the two decided not to switch to Epic and stay with the Tam system
- The first things they do when they arrive at work
- Maternity leave happens very differently in Canada than in the United States
- They discuss the varying insurance rates among different companies
- The background of their company and their different roles within the company
- Setting boundaries at home and at work
- The couple discuss each other’s strengths and weaknesses
- How they get the most out of conferences and professional development by comparing notes
- The best insurance agents need to start understanding how to best utilize AI
3 Key Points:
- Being a couple and working together can be amazing, but it takes a special relationship.
- Being open, honest, and trusting are all very important for a positive work and home relationship.
- AI won’t replace agents, but the agents that best incorporate AI will be the most competitive.
– “We’re speaking, we’re learning, we’re sharing and we’re bringing back to our organization to make it even better.” – Una Roy
– “You’ve got to make this evolution where everybody’s got unique roles.” – Jeff Roy
– “There’s no more important team than starting at home with your family.” – Jeff Roy