The Insurance Power Couple: Jeff & Una Roy
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass records a Valentine’s Day Special Facebook Live Event in which he interviews insurance power couple, Jeff Roy and Una Roy from Excalibur Insurance. They discuss the dynamics of being a couple within the workplace, maternity leave, differing insurance rates, and other details of the insurance business.
- Introduction of Jeff and Una Roy, owners of Excalibur Insurance
- The dynamic of being a couple within an organization
- How the Roys work together
- They make sure to be themselves in both their personal and professional relationships
- They have an excellent support staff
- Why the two decided not to switch to Epic and stay with the Tam system
- The first things they do when they arrive at work
- Maternity leave happens very differently in Canada than in the United States
- They discuss the varying insurance rates among different companies
- The background of their company and their different roles within the company
- Setting boundaries at home and at work
- The couple discuss each other’s strengths and weaknesses
- How they get the most out of conferences and professional development by comparing notes
- The best insurance agents need to start understanding how to best utilize AI
3 Key Points:
- Being a couple and working together can be amazing, but it takes a special relationship.
- Being open, honest, and trusting are all very important for a positive work and home relationship.
- AI won’t replace agents, but the agents that best incorporate AI will be the most competitive.
– “We’re speaking, we’re learning, we’re sharing and we’re bringing back to our organization to make it even better.” – Una Roy
– “You’ve got to make this evolution where everybody’s got unique roles.” – Jeff Roy
– “There’s no more important team than starting at home with your family.” – Jeff Roy
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.