The Grateful Dead, The Google Ecosystem, Insurance Technology and David Davis
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence podcast, host Jason Cass interviews David Davis, Chief Technology Officer at Fudge Insurance. David Davis talks about how his brother-in-law introduced the idea of him bringing his technology background into insurance, how technology and data in the insurance agency are evolving, and how the insurance business has helped him develop the lifestyle he desires.
- Jason Cass introduces guests David Davis and discusses AI Brainshare that is taking place on October 25-28th 2020 in Puerto Rico.
- Is David Davis an iPhone or Android user?
- What is the last app that David downloaded?
- Does David Davis love to win or hate to lose?
- What does David attribute more to his success, skill or luck?
- David Davis shares his personal experience growing up.
- What made Davis choose the insurance industry?
- David discusses the state of technology in the insurance agency.
- How can carriers and agents start getting on the same page?
- How can the overall mindset improve in insurance?
- What books has David been reading?
3 Key Points:
- David Davis took his insurance job-based mostly on non-career factors such as not wanting to be on-call anymore, a less hectic calendar, not making calls outside of business hours, time to innovate, and have a healthy life/work balance.
- David has been energized by how the insurance industry has been open to great relationship-building, including meeting the people BAtomic.
- Carriers and agencies don’t have to be enemies pointing fingers and blaming each other.
- “This was a purposeful move on our part to slow down our lifestyle so that we could spend more time together as a family. Not saying that insurance is an easy job, ok?” – David Davis
- “‘The agency management system development cycle has happened in an insurance silo with insurance blinders on.” and these pieces of software, as well-intentioned and as revolutionary as they were.” – David Davis
- “These pieces of software, as well-intentioned and as revolutionary as they were to the agency channel, have really developed outside of what is going on in the open marketplace where awesome technology has just grown.” – David Davis
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Book: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Book: Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari