The Cost of Insurance Success
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass talks with a guest that has been on the show before, Erin Nutting, Agency Owner of Integrity Insurance Services in the Tucson, Arizona area. Erin Nutting discusses the realities involved in creating a home-life and work-life balance, the concepts of love languages and the Enneagram Personality Test, and forms of communication that she wishes would open up more in the insurance industry.
- Erin discusses the insurance industry in Arizona.
- What has the transition from working at home to getting a physical location been like for Erin?
- Erin Nutting and Jason Cass discuss the upcoming Agency Intelligence BrainShare.
- How has her home-life and work-life balance been?
- What is your ‘love language?’’
- What is the Enneagram Personality Test?
- Many podcasts avoid honest conversations about struggles and the human component in the insurance industry.
- Erin opens up about the cost of her success.
- Making yourself vulnerable is talking about ideas. Talking about people is drama.
3 Key Points:
- Property insurance in the state of Arizona is typically between $550-$600 a year for a property that is about $250,000 in dwelling coverage.
- It is ok that you don’t do everything. What are the things that are most important to you?
- Remember, not everyone in your life is as passionate about insurance as you are.
- “My agency is almost 5 years old. So, I’ve been an insurance agent, for those of you that don’t know me, it’s been 14 years. I’ve been in my own independent agency for almost 5.” – Erin Nutting
- It’s almost like a head-nod in a McDonalds drive-through. ‘I got you. I understand where you are coming from.’ That is the best way that I find work/life balance is finding those people that you can head-nod with.” – Erin Nutting
- “People need to start working together instead of trying to do all of these things individually.” – Erin Nutting
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Linkedin: Erin Nutting
- Integrity Insurance Services: integrityinsure.com
- Book: “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary Chapman
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.