In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass talks with a guest that has been on the show before, Erin Nutting, Agency Owner of Integrity Insurance Services in the Tucson, Arizona area. Erin Nutting discusses the realities involved in creating a home-life and work-life balance, the concepts of love languages and the Enneagram Personality Test, and forms of communication that she wishes would open up more in the insurance industry.
- Erin discusses the insurance industry in Arizona.
- What has the transition from working at home to getting a physical location been like for Erin?
- Erin Nutting and Jason Cass discuss the upcoming Agency Intelligence BrainShare.
- How has her home-life and work-life balance been?
- What is your ‘love language?’’
- What is the Enneagram Personality Test?
- Many podcasts avoid honest conversations about struggles and the human component in the insurance industry.
- Erin opens up about the cost of her success.
- Making yourself vulnerable is talking about ideas. Talking about people is drama.
3 Key Points:
- Property insurance in the state of Arizona is typically between $550-$600 a year for a property that is about $250,000 in dwelling coverage.
- It is ok that you don’t do everything. What are the things that are most important to you?
- Remember, not everyone in your life is as passionate about insurance as you are.
- “My agency is almost 5 years old. So, I’ve been an insurance agent, for those of you that don’t know me, it’s been 14 years. I’ve been in my own independent agency for almost 5.” – Erin Nutting
- It’s almost like a head-nod in a McDonalds drive-through. ‘I got you. I understand where you are coming from.’ That is the best way that I find work/life balance is finding those people that you can head-nod with.” – Erin Nutting
- “People need to start working together instead of trying to do all of these things individually.” – Erin Nutting
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Linkedin: Erin Nutting
- Integrity Insurance Services: integrityinsure.com
- Book: “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary Chapman