In today’s episode of Agents Influence podcast, host Jason Cass interviews Steve Anderson, owner of The Anderson Network and Author of The Bezos Letters. Steves shares his thoughts about the management systems and the digital ecosystem, data, and the importance of experimenting and inventing something new in the industry.
- Jason Cass introduces guest Steve Anderson (1:10)
- What has been Steve doing for the last two months? (2:52)
- Steve agreed with Jason that not everyone is geared for or should work from home. (5:24)
- Steve discusses the importance of using Instant Messaging tools and other communication platforms such as Teams and Zoom. (7:45)
- Steve says technology is an essential factor in what you do and how you operate. (14:02)
- Steve thinks that the customer’s expectation is also one of the things that we are changing. (18:49)
- Steve shares what an agency needs to do with their customer. (23:10)
- What does Steve see in this time that makes him wonder if it’s going to stay or not? (26:29)
- Steve explains why he thinks that agents with an online presence will have lots of opportunities. (27:29)
- Steve shares that people are a lot more aware of what they need to know more about than what’s actually in their policy is a potential benefit of the COVID Regard Insurance. (31:03)
- Steve says that the issue is the carriers haven’t had the infrastructure up until very recently able to connect. (35:41)
- Steve shares why the industry needs experimentation and invention instead of innovation. (46:16)
- What is Steve reading right now? (44:35)
- Is Steve planning to go anywhere in July? (50:17)
3 Key Points:
- For Steve, one of the potential benefits of the COVID regarding insurance is people are a lot more aware that they may need to know more about what’s actually in their policy.
- Steve loves the idea of helping the customer to have a simpler process for getting their information to somebody else.
- Steve notices that because of the new crop of association agencies coming in, the mindset is changing like on what an association should be, should be providing and helping with their members.
- “Change is hard. But honestly, it’s a mindset, not age” – Steve Anderson
- “Our industry doesn’t need innovation. Our industry needs experimentation and invention.” – Steve Anderson
- “The biggest risk a business faces is being successful.” – Steve Anderson