Teresa Kitchens: A Swift Kick to the Head That Alters Your Reality Forever, That’s Shakubuku
Share this episode on:
In this episode of Agency Intelligence podcast, host Jason Cass speaks with guest Teresa Kitchens, Owner of Sterling Insurance Group. Teresa talks about what brought her into insurance, what makes it valuable, and how COVID-19 will affect change within the industry. She also talks about her podcast, Power Women In Insurance.
- Jason directs listeners to go to the Agency Intelligence website to download their ebook.
- Teresa talks about her history, where she went to college, her time as a stay-at-home-mom, and how she started working on insurance.
- Sterling Insurance Group is 90% personal and 10% commercial.
- Teresa tells a story about when her house caught on fire in the middle of the night, and how their entire house (and cars) had to be bulldozed in the aftermath.
- Teresa believes that, until you’ve gone through a similar experience, you cannot really appreciate the value of insurance.
- Jason recently wrote an article What Does a World Without Insurance Look Like?
- What do you think this next year is going to look like?
- This situation will help move people forward to look into more secure options, more people with disaster plans, more conversations about virtual desktops, move to a paperless environment.
- What are you and your agency planning to use this time for?
- Trying to expand virtual meetings and relationships.
- Teresa is very excited to see what will be happening in the insurance industry in the years to come.
- Teresa has her own podcast, Power Women in Insurance.
- Teresa likes to hear about people’s journeys and to empower and provide inspiration to women.
- Shakubuku, “a strong swift spiritual kick to the head that alters your reality forever,” is something Teresa frequently talks about on her podcast.
- Teresa believes that there is a big change in the insurance industry coming.
3 Key Points:
- It’s hard to really value insurance until you’ve gone through an experience where you needed it.
- The current world situation, with Covid-19, will help move insurance forward to a more paperless and virtual environment.
- Teresa has her own podcast, Power Women in Insurance, where she hopes to empower and inspire women working in all parts of the insurance industry.
- “If you want to see a world that doesn’t have insurance, look at the world we’re in right now.” -Jason Cass
- “Insurance is the backbone of our community. Insurance is the backbone of our economic system.” -Teresa Kitchens
- “I’m super excited, actually, for what’s gonna be happening in the insurance industry in the next few years.” Teresa Kitchens
- “I want to be able to take those shakabukus and hear those things that alter women’s reality forever and help fuel the ones that are coming forward for a new generation of women in insurance.” -Teresa Kitchens
- “Women have a natural connector about them; they have a natural connector spirit about them.” -Teresa Kitchens
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Joshua Lipstone Linkedin
- Teresa’s Facebook
- Teresa’s Podcast – Powerful Women in Insurance
- Teresa’s Instagram
- Sterling Insurance Group LinkedIn
- Sterling Insurance Group Facebook