Kelly Donahue-Piro: These Two Things Will Lead to Success
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Kelly Donahue-Piro, Owner and President of Agency Performance Partners. Kelly puts a fun spin on her interview by occasionally asking Jason Cass questions as well. During this conversation, hear whether or not video is a lazy man’s book, what to look for when hiring people, the power of prospecting, and the differences between producers and account managers.
- Kelly Donahue-Piro asks Jason Cass what has been his most difficult business challenge
- You can’t pay people a salary that isn’t making your job easier.
- The first step in not being ignorant is to learn how to learn.
- Is Kelly an iPhone user or an Android user?
- Does she love to win or hate to lose?
- Is she stronger because of her skill or because of luck?
- What should you look for when hiring someone?
- Why does Jason think video is a lazy man’s book?
- Has Jason thought about taking a social media break?
- How many clients does Kelly have and what software does she use?
- Jason Cass hit 600 downloads in one day for the podcast and is averaging 225 downloads a day.
- Jason Kelly talks about the growth of women in the industry and producers and account managers.
- Why do producers tend to hate prospecting?
- How does Jason approach cold calling and addressing producers?
- Kelly Donahue-Piro shares her secret shopper statistics from 2017.
3 Key Points:
- You are going to outgrow your staff and it is difficult when you treat your business staff like your family, which they are not.
- The three biggest objections Kelly hears about working with agencies are: people don’t have the time to commit, they aren’t sure their staff will commit, and the expense.
- Focus on prospecting before you need leads, not after you need leads.
- “You’re hiring people to make your life easier, and if there is someone on your team that is not making your life easier, that is on you.” – Kelly Donahue-Piro
- “The two biggest things that any employee needs is to be teachable and to have a good attitude. If you have that in life, you are unstoppable.’” – Kelly Donahue-Piro
- “Producers wouldn’t want to be account managers and account managers wouldn’t want to be producers. But if there is one thing I could tell producers, it’s you need to treat your account manager like they walk on water.” – Kelly Donahue-Piro
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.