In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews Jeff Shi, Chief Visionary Officer at Quantum Assurance International and Wessly Anderson, Founder of Financial Network and Co-Founder of Agency VA. The conversation revolves around Jeff Shi’s leap from selling cars to selling insurance, his work at Allstate and Quantum Assurance International, scaling his busy to incredible levels, and the importance of bouncing back from your falls as quickly as you can and growing from past experiences.
- Jason Cass introduces guests Jeff Shi and Wessly Anderson and discusses AI Brainshare that is taking place October 25-28th 2020 in Puerto Rico.
- Jeff explains his work at Quantum Assurance International.
- Is Jeff an iPhone or Android user?
- What is the last app that Jeff downloaded?
- Does Jeff love to win or hate to lose?
- What does Jeff attribute more to his success, skill or luck?
- Jeff shares his personal experience growing up.
- What was it like for Jeff while working at Allstate?
- How did Jeff grow to having a $10 million year?
- Jeff talks about people he met in a Facebook group.
- What kind of success was Jeff having at Allstate?
- Wessly Anderson describes how big a role mindset plays in Jeff Shi’s success.
- Jason Cass talks about how much in new business premiums Jeff Shi’s agency had in 2019.
- Agents need to learn how to get to know their clients above pushing hard sales.
- You sometimes have to make hard decisions for growth and expansion.
- Everything has a timeline and an expiration.
- Good leaders are typically good parents.
- Wessly doesn’t care about the fall, he is focused on how quickly the person gets back up.
- The distribution force in the insurance industry is stronger when connected together.
3 Key Points:
- Jeff Shi’s biggest challenges at Allstate was hiring and recruiting.
- Get out of your own way and get out of the way of the members on your team so they can help you scale.
- At the top, everything trickles down.
- “My third year in (Allstate). The first scratch agency after eight years I built up to $4 million and then the second scratch agency I opened in 2014 and built it up to $3 million within the five years I had it.” – Jeff Shi
- “‘Want to win’ is a want. ‘Hate to lose’ is a need.” – Jeff Shi
- “The third agency we purchased, we bought a $11 million book, grew it organically from $11 million to $13 million in less than two years.” – Jeff Shi
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Book: The Outsiders by William N. Thorndike