It’s Not About Being Right, It’s About Shared Understanding
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agent’s Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Tariq Valente, Head of Business Development at Surfly. Tariq helps businesses connect more profoundly with their clients. Expectations and a shared understanding are two components of a successful customer experience. Jason and Tariq talk about the evolution of customer experience and how insurance is evolving.
- Introduction of guest, Tariq Valente.
- Tariq says his success is built on luck and refined by skill
- How Surfly enables businesses to work more closely with their customers
- Why you need to find new ways and mediums to go beyond customers experience
- It is important to personalize the customer experience and set expectations
- Why expectations are a key part of the customer experience
- Customer service needs to move away from prevention and more to a proactive experience
- How insurance has evolved to what it is today
- Why customer experience is just foreplay
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) plays a key role in customer experience
- Data, smart homes, cars, and doctor’s use AI to make better decisions
- Why AI can help us make better decisions
- Common knowledge for one is not necessarily common knowledge for someone else
- The more we share different stories the more it erodes our trust
3 Key Points:
- Customer experience is an area many company dwell and dabble in on a daily basis.
- To succeed at customer experience, you need to find new ways to exceed customers expectations.
- If you are able to garner a shared understanding with customers, you can garner customer trust and create a successful customer experience.
– “Trust is the purest form of currency.” – Tariq Valente
– “Sherfly gives a companies a way to go beyond customers expectations.” –Tariq Valente
– “It is not about the right answer; it is about a shared understanding.” – Tariq Valente
– “Common knowledge for one is not necessarily common knowledge for someone else.” – Tariq Valente
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.