Insurance Claims and What We Sell
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews John Bachmann, RVP of Business Development at SocialSurvey, where he helps insurance professionals assist their customers. John Bachmann talks about his experience working at SocialSurvey, how and why he got involved in creating videos, the importance of customer service.
- Jason Cass shares some updates on AI Brainshare in 2020.
- John discusses how he doesn’t put business intent ahead of helping the industry.
- Is John Bachmann an iPhone or Android user?
- Does John Bachmann love to win or hate to lose?
- What has played the bigger role in John’s career, skill or luck?
- John discusses how he evolved into his career in insurance.
- John Bachmann talks about working for SocialSurvey.
- What got John involved in creating videos and who helped inspire him?
- They have a discussion about the approaching year of 2020.
- John and Jason talk about the “birth lottery.”
- Get experience and capitalize on opportunity.
- Customer service is an all-encompassing experience.
3 Key Points:
- SocialSurvey is a customer feedback and marketing automation platform.
- Most major tech people were born between 1954-1958 because between 1968-1972 is when most colleges were getting mainframe computers.
- It isn’t that there isn’t anymore opportunity. It is just that opportunity looks different now with technology.
- “We collect feedback from customers and then we separate out the happy from the unhappy. The happy people we share it all over the internet. The unhappy people, we divert it back to the company, the agency, or the carrier.” – John Bachmann
- “Generation X was born analog raised analog. Millenials were born digital raised digital as opposed to us who were born analogue raised digital.” – John Bachmann
- “It’s the ‘birth lottery.’ Not to go on a Gary Vee tangent here, but he said we were lucky enough to be born now. Because we were born now we have so much access to information or access to other things others don’t have.” – John Bachmann
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.