In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews Chris Greene, President at The Flood Insurance Guru in Birmingham, Alabama. Chris Greene talks about his experience using VAs, YouTube ads, creating an explosive amount of education flood content last year, what write-your-one-carriers are and establishing The Flood Insurance Guru.
- Is Chris Greene an iPhone or an Android user?
- What is the last app that Chris downloaded?
- Does he hate to lose or love to win?
- What does Chris Greene attribute to his success, skill or luck?
- What brought Chris Greene to where he is today?
- Chris talks about overcoming an early learning disability.
- How did Chris discover his learning style?
- How does the mentorship problem affect the insurance industry?
- How many pieces of technology is Chris Greene using?
- What is the ‘snow climber effect?’
- What has Chris Greene been doing over the last year?
- Write-your-own-carriers are the middle-man organizations that handle administration.
- Why won’t people ask questions in webinars but will ask more questions in a classroom setting?
- Is he writing any flood insurance himself?
- What VA service is he using?
- What are the benefits of having an onsite service?
- Chris Greene uses YouTube ads as educational ads to garner people’s attention for his flood content.
- Learn to read between the words.
- Chris opens up about potentially losing his eyesight in the future.
3 Key Points:
- A lack of new agents having mentors and a lack of elder agents supplying mentorship hurts the insurance agency.
- Less is more. Chris Greene is only using three pieces of technology for his business.
- People don’t like what they don’t know and when they don’t know something it causes an anxiety and anxiety causes fear and means they are going to fight, take flight, or stand their ground to it.
- “Give back and you are never going to have to worry about your business again in the future.” – Chris Greene
- “First goal was 365 flood education videos in 365 days, which we just finished and then it was 150 flood blogs in 150 days, which we just finished and 100 podcasts in 100 days, which we just finished.” – Chris Greene
- “I tell people, look, I will never hire another VA on my own again. I will only use agencies.” – Chris Greene
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- The Flood Insurance Guru: floodinsuranceguru.com
- YouTube: The Flood Insurance Guru
- Ryan Hanley: ryanhanley.com/insider
- Books: Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Book: They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan