In today’s episode of Agents Influence podcast, host Jason Cass interviews returning guest Steve Anderson, President of The Anderson Network, and The Wall Street Journal, USA Today & International Best Selling Author of “The Bezos Letters – 14 Principles to Grow Your Business Like Amazon.” Steve Anderson shares insight on his new book “The Bezos Letters: 14 Principles to Grow Your Business Like Amazon,” what agents can gain from these 14 principles, the difference between growth and leadership principles, as well as why we need to be thinking and acting like a “Day One” business, every day.
- What was the basis for Steve Anderson wanting to write his book “The Bezos Letters: 14 Principles to Grow Your Business Like Amazon?”
- What does Steve think about Jeff Besos’ 1997 letter that he staples to every new one that he wrote after?
- What is the difference between growth leadership principles and leadership principles?
- Steve recommends that you that you launch, fail, and fix.
- Think of risk as an investment in the growth of your business.
- What are interesting elements of Amazon’s flywheel?
- 58% of sales on Amazon are for third-party services.
- What is the center of your company’s flywheel?
- Is retention more important than growth?
- What are Type 1 and Type 2 decisions?
- What does the phrase ‘disagree and commit’ mean?
- You can’t do achievement without action.
- Why is it important to always think like a Day One company?
- Who are doing the 14 Principles well in the insurance industry?
- Customer obsession is a core value to integrate into your business.
- Choosing a tech platform comes down to financial stability and not their features and functionality.
3 Key Points:
- Growth principles help organizations become what they want to be and leadership principles help people become what they want to be.
- We must successfully fail when we experiment, test new ideas, and take business risks.
- Every day is day one. Keep thinking like your business is just getting started.
- “Risk is changing. And for me, a lot of that centers around how rapidly technology is developing and needing to be incorporated into agencies certainly, but into businesses of all types.” – Steve Anderson
- “I came up with this idea, or this thought that, perhaps, the biggest risk a business faces is actually not taking enough risk.” – Steve Anderson
- “If you are going to understand Amazon, you need to understand what they think is important for their employees to know.” – Steve Anderson
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Steve Anderson: Linkedin
- Book: “The Bezos Letters: 14 Principles to Grow Your Business Like Amazon” by Steve Anderson