Growing in Sales with Randy Schwantz
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Randy Schwantz, Owner of The Wedge Group and Best-Selling Author. Randy Schwantz discusses how he has managed to become a sales expert without selling insurance. Randy also explains how he arrived at assisting the insurance industry, goal-setting, and preparing for retirement.
- Is Randy Schwantz an iPhone or Android user?
- Does Randy love to win or hate to lose?
- What is the definition of “iconoclast?”
- Has Randy grown the most from skill or luck?
- Randy Schwantz introduces himself and shares his background.
- What did Randy get into instead of college?
- Randy Schwantz talks about writing “The Wedge.”
- When did Randy discover his purpose?
- What advice would Randy give to new insurance agents?
- How much money do you need to retire with?
- What are some proactive services that Randy Schwantz recommends?
- If you have helped at least one person, you have lived a successful life.
3 Key Points:
- The essence of your purpose should get you excited, make money, and help others.
- You should save 22 times what you expect to retire on.
- 70% of the independent insurance industry is of about 7-10 people or smaller.
- “I see myself as a combination of a psychologist and an engineer. I use a lot of psychology and psychological principles.” – Randy Schwantz
- “So many things that we do, If we aren’t careful, we are doing it to impress others rather than to feed your own joy.” – Randy Schwantz
- “Start with the end in mind.” – Randy Schwantz
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.