Grant Botma: Character Traits Lead to the Actions Your Team Is Taking
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews Grant Botma, Founder of Culture Course and Stewardship, as well as the number 1 best-selling author of The Problem Isn’t Their Paycheck. Grant Botma discusses how he evolved from growing up in a household with parents that struggled with alcoholism, to growing his company Stewardship into an INC 5000 company, the blueprints to creating a successful company culture, and the importance of planning your ideal week.
- Jason Cass introduces guest Grant Botma and discusses AI Brainshare that is taking place on October 25-28th 2020 in Puerto Rico.
- Is Grant Botma an Android or an iPhone user?
- What is the last app that Grant has downloaded?
- What does Grant attribute to his success, skill or luck?
- Does Grant love to win or hate to lose?
- Grant grew up on a dairy farm in Arizona.
- How did Grant get to where he is now?
- What pushed Grant towards positivity, being helpful, and Christianity?
- Grant talks about his childhood and that of his siblings.
- Who are the people that Grant has in his office?
- Grant puts a priority on helping his employees become more positive people.
- What are the core values that he wanted Stewardship to represent?
- How does company culture unfold at Stewardship?
- Character traits of your team and your company drive their action.
- Stewardship is growing towards the possibility of becoming an INC 500 company.
- 9 out of 10 employees don’t give their best at work.
- Planning his ideal week has been a game-changer for Grant.
3 Key Points:
- Sometimes your biggest formative moments are when you are going through adversity and you might not even know it.
- Stewardship’s core values are to love people through finances, love, and wisdom. Their character traits include humility, transparency, education, and innovation.
- Winning company cultures provide more than money. They offer freedom, affirmation and a sense of purpose to unify their team.
- “I have the highest producers in the country and they work for me, and it is unbelievably amazing. I get to be on this mission of trying to love people through finances, trying to make a positive impact on our community.” – Grant Botma
- “If the people who work here aren’t becoming better people, better spouses, better parents, better members of their society, then what is the point? I want their job here to make an amazing positive impact on their life.” – Grant Botma
- “Our brand handbook talks about yes, the colors, the font, and the logo. But it tells a story about how that logo came together. It tells a story about why we use that particular font and everything points to our unified purpose.” – Grant Botma
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.