In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews Nicholas Ayers, the Co-founder of i80 Insurance Solutions, based in Vacaville California, that handles auto, home, business, and life insurance. Listen and learn as Nicholas offers straight-forward advice on being profitable, reaching potential customers, and maximizing the power of video for marketing.
- Nicholas Ayers is a Droid phone user and loves to win.
- i80 Insurance started in 2013 in Vacaville, California between Sacramento and the Bay Area.
- i80 focuses on personal and commercial lines, as well as life insurance.
- “Profit First” is a book that Nicholas is reading.
- “How big is your book?” is a common question at insurance agency events that isn’t really vital to ask.
- What does the bottom line say about your profits and losses?
- There is a fine line between caring about people and making profit—you can do both.
- There has been a void in video within the insurance industry.
- Made Your Love Video Marketing for Small Business is a venture that Nicholas started to teach business people to learn how to use video tactfully to reach more people.
- When you can change how you think and look at things, you can evolve on any platform.
- Nicholas Ayers is 35 and doesn’t want to have to work in his 50s and 60s.
- His wife homeschools his children.
- By 2019, 80% of consumed content will be video.
- Video works so well because it gives you data with the ads to be able to retarget potential customers.
- The whole key is stay in front of people.
3 Key Points:
- Success requires timing, consistency, persistency, stepping outside of the box, and hard work.
- i80 has cut their expenses recently by 87%.
- Video is what sets you up for your win and warms up your audience.
- “We have to stop thinking of ourselves as just insurance agents who run a business.” – Nicholas Ayers.
- “The number one goal is that we have to make a profit.” – Nicholas Ayers.
- “This is not a ‘new business’ industry. This is a residual income industry.” – Nicholas Ayers.