Do You and Your Spouse Share the Same Bank Account?
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass talks with Erik Garcia, Owner of Garcia Insurance Services, President at Garcia Financial Group, and Investment Advisor at New Century Financial Group, LLC. Erik Garcia discusses what brought him into the insurance industry, reasons why people need outside accountability partners, why people struggle with motivation, niche markets, how struggle makes us stronger, and why the insurance industry needs to be viewed as a service industry.
- Erik Garcia and Jason Cass discuss Cuba.
- Erik introduces his current work in the insurance industry and how he got there.
- What is Erik’s average morning like?
- Erk talks about the importance of accountability.
- What is the hardest part of running an insurance agency?
- How would Jesus run an insurance agency?
- Erik and Jason talk about niche markets and data-driven processes.
- Erik discusses his side hustle and hobby.
- What are the three types of insurance agents?
- Why aren’t people motivated?
- Double down on your strengths.
- Struggle makes us better.
3 Key Points:
- There are many important things in our lives we don’t hold ourselves accountable for. Most of us don’t lack discipline. We just have to introduce outside accountability partners.
- Success is easy once you accept how hard it is.
- Over 70% of the time the payroll that is reported to NCCI on the MOD sheet is wrong.
- “Knowing what you want. You have some picture in the future. Some point, it could be a year, two years, five years from now. And you kind of work backwards from there.” – Erik Garcia
- “Forget the insurance industry or the financial industry. At the end of the day, we are in the service industry. We interact with people. What it comes down to is, how are we treating people? How do we care for our clients?” – Erik Garcia
- “I don’t think it matters if you have separate accounts or not. What is important is complete transparency. And the problem is, people who have separate bank accounts don’t have complete transparency.” – Erik Garcia
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- I Lost My Wallet: A Lesson In Borrowing Money
- 5 Pillars of Financial Security
- The Plan Wisely Podcast
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.