Dissecting Insurance Sales with Charles Specht
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass interviews Charles Specht, President and CEO of Permission Group Inc., Author, Sales Trainer, Consultant, and Keynote Speaker. Charles talks about pre-qualifying accounts, he addresses the various opinions about broker record letters, the quality of submissions, and tips on closing insurance sales.
- Is Charles Specht an iPhone or Android user?
- Does Charles Specht love to win or hate to lose?
- Has Charles Specht grown the most from skill or luck?
- Charles Specht introduces himself and shares his background.
- What is Charles’ response to agents that look down upon getting business through broker record letters?
- How does Charles Specht feel about pre-qualifying accounts?
- Charles talks about the percentages of insurance buyers who are willing to change agents.
- Why do half of broker record letters fail?
- The quality of the submission is crucial for agents to get trained on.
- Agents need to be transparent with clients.
3 Key Points:
- Charles Specht teaches agents how to not to play the ‘quoting game’ and get business through broker record letters.
- If an agent has done what they are supposed to do, once they get to the point of showing their proposal it should be good to go.
- Out of insurance buyers, 15% are always going to stay with their current insurance agents, 15% are unhappy and want to make a switch, and 70% are on a spectrum in the middle.
- “95-90% of my work now is done exclusively with insurance agents, vast majority of those are going to be independent agents where I work with them on, for the most part, prospecting, marketing and how to close the sale.” – Charles Specht
- “At least in commercial insurance…92% is the industry statistics that who the incumbent agent is, is going to retain the business, because they have access to everything.” – Charles Specht
- “I have nothing wrong with quoting, so long as we really are focused on getting what we want out of this process with the insured.” – Charles Specht
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Charles Specht: Linkedin Twitter
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.