David Carothers: The Mindset of Commercial Lines Sales
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass has a discussion with David Carothers, Principal at Florida Risk Partners, Founder of Game Changers Marketing, Founder of Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training, and Book Author at The Extra 2 Minutes. David Carothers and Jason Cass talk about commercial insurance, reinventing yourself, adapting what you learn to your business, and Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training.
- What inspired David to start Killing It Commercial?
- What is David’s work approach?
- David Carothers shares his defining moment in commercial insurance.
- Stay true to what you represent.
- Don’t be afraid to own your abilities and strengths.
- David tells a story about the most successful producer that he has heard about.
- Follow what works for others and customize it to your style.
- How does Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training role out for those that want to get involved?
- What does David do that separates him from other agents that can be learned?
- David talks about the importance of having his wife’s support.
3 Key Points:
- Get it in your head that you are capable of doing commercial insurance.
- David Carothers’ first appointments last either five minutes or one hour and half. Either they aren’t a good fit or they are.
- You can never stop reinventing yourself.
- “I’m a firm believer in the fact that I function the best when mind, body, and spirit are all being conditioned appropriately.” – David Carothers
- “I don’t hire people from inside the insurance industry and so I hire professional salespeople and we teach them our process and exactly how to sell that without ever having to talk about insurance really.” – David Carothers
- “Anytime we’re working with somebody, we know that those people are already qualified to go through our process based on the demographic of the company.” – David Carothers
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training: killingcommercial.com
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.