In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass has a discussion with David Carothers, Principal at Florida Risk Partners, Founder of Game Changers Marketing, Founder of Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training, and Book Author at The Extra 2 Minutes. David Carothers and Jason Cass talk about commercial insurance, reinventing yourself, adapting what you learn to your business, and Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training.
- What inspired David to start Killing It Commercial?
- What is David’s work approach?
- David Carothers shares his defining moment in commercial insurance.
- Stay true to what you represent.
- Don’t be afraid to own your abilities and strengths.
- David tells a story about the most successful producer that he has heard about.
- Follow what works for others and customize it to your style.
- How does Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training role out for those that want to get involved?
- What does David do that separates him from other agents that can be learned?
- David talks about the importance of having his wife’s support.
3 Key Points:
- Get it in your head that you are capable of doing commercial insurance.
- David Carothers’ first appointments last either five minutes or one hour and half. Either they aren’t a good fit or they are.
- You can never stop reinventing yourself.
- “I’m a firm believer in the fact that I function the best when mind, body, and spirit are all being conditioned appropriately.” – David Carothers
- “I don’t hire people from inside the insurance industry and so I hire professional salespeople and we teach them our process and exactly how to sell that without ever having to talk about insurance really.” – David Carothers
- “Anytime we’re working with somebody, we know that those people are already qualified to go through our process based on the demographic of the company.” – David Carothers
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Killing Commercial Insurance Sales Training: killingcommercial.com