Dave Jackson and the Unknown Story of His Survival
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence podcast, host Jason Cass interviews Dave Jackson, Owner of Jackson Insurance Group PLLC and Founder of Insurance Agency Owners Alliance (IAOA). David Jackson discusses IAOA, Jackson Insurance Group, his recurring trips to Hawaii, why carriers are running the insurance industry, and the influence of technology and data.
- Jason Cass introduces guest Dave Jackson and discusses AI Brainshare that is taking place on October 25-28th 2020 in Puerto Rico.
- The IAOS Conference began in 2015.
- IAOS is co-founded by Dave Jackson and Nick Ayers.
- Is Dave Jackson an iPhone or Android user?
- What is the last app that Dave downloaded?
- Does Dave Jackson love to win or hate to lose?
- What does Dave attribute more to his success, skill or luck?
- Dave Jackson shares his personal experience growing up.
- Jackson Insurance Group began in 2013 with a current staff of four.
- What is something that many people might not know about Dave?
- What is it about Hawaii that attracts him to it?
- What would Dave say is the state of the insurance agency?
- Why does Dave Jackson believe that carriers run the insurance agency?
- It is hugely expensive to transfer data and invest in new software and hardware.
- How can we organize data on the customer-facing side?
- Facebook makes too much money off of our data to charge us to use the platform.
3 Key Points:
- Carriers have been slow to embrace technology.
- Data transparency with the technology between carriers and agents can create a better customer experience.
- Facebook has ownership over the data that we voluntarily post on their platform.
- “Fear is only a good motivator in war. Other than that, in everyday life, not so much.” – Dave Jackson
- “‘I personally produce. I do it because I love it and I will not stop producing. That is just one thing I enjoy. So, I hire other people to do the things I have to do and outsource.” – Dave Jackson
- “The people that run our industry are the carriers. Agents would like to say they run it. But, that’s not true. So, stop saying that. It is the carriers that run the business. They’ve got more money than the agencies do.” – Dave Jackson