Chad Spaide: Our Customers Are Starving to Hear From Us
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews Chad Spaide, Founder of Pure Potential Insurance Automation and President of BenefitSource Insurance Services. Chad Spaide talks about what it is like to run an agency, utilizing automation properly, converting his agency from paper to digital, risk management, customers needing to hear from agents, and getting agents onboard with automation conversions.
- Jason Cass introduces guest Chad Spaide and discusses AI Brainshare that is taking place on October 25-27th 2020 in Puerto Rico.
- Is Chad Spaide an iPhone or an Android user?
- What is the last app that Chad downloaded?
- Does he hate to lose or love to win?
- What does Chad Spaide attribute his success to, skill or luck?
- How did Chad Spaide work his way to where he is now?
- When did he arrive in California?
- Chad shares the general details of his agency.
- When was the shift in Chad’s agency away from file cabinets and towards digitizing?
- Chad talks about the computers and monitors his team uses.
- What was the driving factor to get Chad involved in automation?
- What are the key benefits of automation to an agency?
- Which areas of insurance does Chad focus on?
- How have the California fires impacted the insurance industry?
- What does Chad’s average day look like?
- Why has Chad been waking up at 1 am to start work?
- Chad shares his favorite pastimes.
- Jason and Chad talk about masterminds and the area of learning automation.
- What is Chad doing to find the ‘drag’ in his agency?
- Customers are starving to hear from their advisors.
- The bar is currently set pretty low for agencies to stand out and be in better contact with their clients.
- What ways should agencies use to personalize automation so clients don’t feel like they are getting generic communications?
- Leaders are readers, so what books are Chad currently reading?
3 Key Points:
- Chad Spaide’s agency BenefitSource Insurance Services has a premium of around $20 million with a team of about 23 members.
- When automation is used effectively it is providing a more engaging customer experience, saving time, behavioral tracking, and giving back employees more peace and space at work.
- What is most important to Chad for automation is customer information.
- “As time goes on, you start to see how automation is way more powerful than prospecting or whatever type of marketing that you’re doing. You can start to use it as tasks. You can start to use it as saving time.” – Chad Spaide
- “With reports, you are kind of on the outside looking in…you can jump to conclusions too quickly. But when you see the flow of how they are taking action with their work, it’s a different story.” – Chad Spaide
- “Your first point of are you ready to be successful with automation is will your people collect the correct contact information every chance that they can get? For person lines, co-insured, and the primary insured.” – Chad Spaide
- Agency Intelligence
- Reach out to Jason Cass
- Book: Maps, Models, and the Structure of Reality by Linda Malatesta
Jason Cass is a thought leader, speaker, agency owner and champion for the independent insurance industry. He is the founder of Agency Intelligence (AI), a place where insurance agents and agency owners can connect, share knowledge and work together to improve their agencies and move the industry forward.
Jason hosts two major insurance podcast series, Agent’s Influence and Agency Intelligence where he talks with those that influence the insurance industry and connects with independent insurance agents all over the country. He is also the author of the Amazon Bestselling book, Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and is working on his second book titled, The Great Separator.