Cass Solo: A Small Live Piece of the Great Separator
Share this episode on:
In today’s episode of Agents Influence, host Jason Cass does a special episode where instead of an interview he talks about the presentation he is planning to give at the Edwardsville Economic Forecast Breakfast that is put on by Walt Williams, who is the economic director and development director in Illinois. Jason also covers his ideas on the pillars of business intelligence, ways data is transforming P2P business, and also why transformation is crucial to focus on as opposed to change.
- Jason Cass talks about how he got invited to speak at the Edwardsville Economic Forecast Breakfast.
- Jason shares a story about a strange occurrence with a bag of chips.
- Jason provides a quick run-down on his milestones in the insurance industry.
- What is Digital Darwinism?
- Which companies were resistant to change?
- Transformation is more important than change.
- What are the three pillars to business intelligence?
- Jason offers three examples of how data is transforming P2P (Person To Person).
- What are some scenarios where the insurance industry can benefit from data and automation?
- Look at what you customers need and what your business needs from data.
- What is the difference between structured data and unstructured data?
3 Key Points:
- Jason started in the insurance industry in 2001. He started Insurance Alliance in 2010. He created the #1 insurance podcast in 2013 called Agents Influence and the #1 Amazon-selling book Customer Service is Just Foreplay, and Agency Intelligence podcast in 2018.
- Digital Darwinism is the evolution of consumer behavior when society and technology evolve faster than your ability to adapt to it.
- The three pillars to business intelligence are data, people, and process.
- “At least 40% of all businesses are going to die in the next 10 years if they don’t figure out how to change and accommodate new technologies. That doesn’t mean saying that. That is literally Executive Chairman of Cisco Systems who is saying that.” – Jason Cass
- “If you look back at what Darwin says about regular Darwinism is that it is not the strongest of the species that survives nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.” – Jason Cass
- “If you try to change, you are only going to fall behind. It is about transformation.” – Jason Cass