In today´s episode of Agency Intelligence, host Jason Cass interviews past guest Preston Schmidli, Principal and Insurance Expert for Friends With Benefits Insurance Agency and Digital Marketing Specialist for Good Vibe Squad marketing agency. Preston Schmidli offers an extensive and highly valuable discussion on insurance marketing, how technology is evolving in the insurance industry, the importance on fixing instead of replacing things, and the advantages of working with Friends With Benefits and how it all began.
- Is Preston an iPhone or Android user?
- Preston and Jason discuss planned obsolescence.
- Does Preston love to win or hate to lose?
- Many times people scoff at technological advances, but it is betting against the future.
- Has Preston grown the most from skill or luck?
- How did Preston Schmidli get involved in insurance?
- How did Friends With Benefits get developed?
- If you can garner 10% more on a marketing campaign, that is a win.
- If you are going to spend money, be strategic and spend wisely.
- Double down when you keep getting a return of any size on your investment.
- If you are actually owning your life, a problem is always your problem.
- You quietly moral will lose to the outwardly immoral. Be vocal.
- What does Preston’s business guarantee consist of?
- Whoever controls the leads controls the relationship.
- Manipulations aren’t all bad, they actually provide value as well.
- It is a vast mistake to say yes to everything and try to be everything to everyone.
- How does the Friends With Benefit system work for clients?
- What and when is the Storytellers insurance agency event?
3 Key Points:
- Chaos breeds opportunity. We are all scared, but what are we going to do with it?
- Just because you take a loss doesn’t mean you stop playing the game.
- Far too often, people don’t want to fix things…they just want to replace them entirely.
- “If you want to grow, you have to grow. You have to face the obstacle. You have to be challenged.” – Preston Schmidli
- “The power of positive pressure. Diamonds come from pressure.” – Jason Cass
- “A lot of agency owners specifically, day trade their agency, and what I mean by that is they don’t play the long game. They are not marketing with a strategic portfolio-type mindset.” – Preston Schmidli